Enabling circularity for flexible plastic packaging
By engaging and sharing knowledge with the recycling industry and working with dedicated recycling projects, we enhance recycling opportunities for our packaging solutions.
The availability of collection systems for plastic packaging, as well as sorting and recycling processes vary between countries. It is important for us to work closely with our customers and local recycling organisations to improve the opportunities to recycle our packages. Recycling is a priority for Ecolean as it is essential for the sustainable use of packaging and contributes towards a circular economy.
Examples of how we work to promote recycling around the world
- As an active member of CEFLEX, Ecolean is working towards a circular economy for flexible packaging.
- On the Swedish Institute for Standards’ (SiS) technical committee for plastics, Ecolean contributes to formulating standards for plastic recycling.
- The Ecolean® Air Clear and Ecolean® Air Aseptic Clear packaging solutions are verified to be ‘Designed for Recycling’, in recycling systems for mixed polyolefin plastics.
- Ecolean has set a goal aiming to offer a new range of packaging designed for easy recycling, by 2025 at the latest.
- By supporting local recycling schemes in Australia, New Zealand and Russia, we increase the recyclability of Ecolean packages.