Enabling circularity for flexible plastic packaging
By engaging and sharing knowledge with the recycling industry and working with dedicated recycling projects, we enhance recycling opportunities for our packaging solutions.
The availability of collection systems for plastic packaging, as well as sorting and recycling processes vary between countries. It is important for us to work closely with our customers and local recycling organisations to improve the opportunities to recycle our packages. Recycling is a priority for Ecolean as it is essential for the sustainable use of packaging and contributes towards a circular economy.
how we work to promote recycling around the world
- The Ecolean® Air Clear and Ecolean® Air Aseptic Clear packaging solutions are verified to be ‘Designed for Recycling’, in existing recycling systems where recycling systems for mixed polyolefins exist.
- Ecolean has set a goal to offer a new range of packaging designed for easy recycling, by 2025 at the latest.
- By supporting local recycling schemes in Australia, New Zealand and Russia, we increase the recyclability of Ecolean packages.
- As an active member of CEFLEX, Ecolean is working towards a circular economy for flexible packaging.
- On the Swedish Institute for Standards’ (SiS) technical committee for plastics, Ecolean contributes to formulating standards for plastic recycling.
Recycling updates - Thursday, September 23, 2021
CoRe (Collect and Recycle), an alliance of leading consumer goods and packaging companies, recyclers and non-governmental organisations partnered with Capital Develo…
Recycling updates - Wednesday, October 14, 2020
In 2020, Ecolean packages for ambient distribution were recognised by the Ministry of Environment in South Korea, for their recyclability. In the new recyclability gr…